Client Representation Services
Since 1979, John Keith Russell Antiques Inc. has represented collectors, individuals, institutions and designers in the acquisition and sale of American antiques and decorative arts. We manage and tailor our confidential services for clients in several ways, including:
- Acquiring items on behalf of clients in private sales.
- Representing clients at auction.
- Advising clients on making charitable donations.
We have extensive experience in providing a broad range of consulting services to help clients assemble outstanding collections of American antiques and decorative arts. Our customized antiques and arts consulting services provide clients with information they can use to make informed and knowledgeable decisions. Our services include:
- Evaluating individual items or entire collections for value, condition and other characteristics.
- Evaluating markets and trends and developing a comprehensive plan to buy or sell items.
- Develop legacy plans for the inheritance or placement of clients’ collections.
- Referring clients to experts for the restoration of their antiques and art.
Antique and Decorative Art Valuation Services
We assist clients in determining the authenticity, value and history of their antique and decorative art collections. We work in collaboration with qualified, professional appraisers, and have completed comprehensive and thorough compilations of collections for individuals, families, and estates. We also work with appraisers selected by the client in order to provide expertise on the American antiques and decorative arts within diverse and varied collections.
Antique Transportation Services
One of the greatest risks to antiques and works of art is transporting an antique item from one location to another. As experts in moving delicate and fragile items, we know how each item should be prepared in advance of being moved and what the appropriate method for transporting the item should be. We can advise and refer clients to professional, qualified moving services or if preferred, we are able to directly prepare and move valuable pieces for clients.
Our fees are based on the individual scope of the work of each project and are determined after discussing the proposed project with the client.